10 July 2011

Looking back at Harry Potter- THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE

In the run-up to the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I've written a number of articles reflecting on the Harry Potter films, which will appear throughout the week on Den of Geek. I'll also post them here...

On a personal level, I can trace my interest in films back to the production of the first film in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Having loved all of the books released at that point, I absorbed every nugget of information I could find about the big-screen version, before the film's release in November 2001.

It's for that reason that while I might forget my PIN number or when my birthday is, I can recall the name of the actor who played Quidditch captain Oliver Wood at will. These were the beginnings of my film geekdom. But it's in retrospect, and with the added capacities that come with being older than 11, that you notice these aren't flawless films.


Read the full article on Den of Geek >>

No comments: